caveolin 1, caveolae protein, 22kDa Adenovirus
Cat. No: 1364
The scaffolding protein encoded by this gene is the main component of the caveolae plasma membranes found in most cell types. The protein links integrin subunits to the tyrosine kinase FYN, an initiating step in coupling integrins to the Ras-ERK pathway and promoting cell cycle progression. The gene is a tumor suppressor gene candidate and a negative regulator of the Ras-p42/44 MAP kinase cascade. CAV1 and CAV2 are located next to each other on chromosome 7 and express colocalizing proteins that form a stable hetero-oligomeric complex. By using alternative initiation codons in the same reading frame, two isoforms (alpha and beta) are encoded by a single transcript from this gene.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- 1x10^10 PFU/ml
- Gene Symbol
- Gene ID
- Gene Synonyms
- CAV, CAV1
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Paul Haines, etc (2011). Caveolin-1 is a negative regulator of MMP-1 gene expression in human dermal fibroblasts via inhibition of Erk1/2/Ets1 signaling pathway. Journal of Dermatological Science.
- Lin, SS. etc (2012). Caveolin-1 reduces HIV-1 infectivity by restoration of HIV Nef mediated impairment of cholesterol efflux by apoA-I. Retrovirology.
- Peterson TE, etc (2009). Guanosine Triphosphate Cyclohydrolase I Expression And Enzymatic Activity Are Present In Caveolae Of Endothelial Cells. Hypertension.
- Wenwen Shen, etc (2014). The role of caveolin-1 and syndecan-4 in the internalization of PEGylated PAMAM dendrimer polyplexes into myoblast and hepatic cells. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics.
- Q Ma, etc (2015). Oral Absorption Enhancement of Probucol by PEGylated G5 PAMAM Dendrimer Modified Nanoliposomes. Molecular pharmaceutics.
- Qi, R. etc (2010). The Mechanism Of Polyplex Internalization Into Cells: Testing The Gm1/Caveolin-1 Lipid Raft Mediated Endocytosis Pathway. Mol. Pharmaceutics,.
- Liao WX, etc. (2009). Compartmentalizing Vegf-Induced Erk2/1 Signaling In Placental Artery Endothelial Cell Caveolae: A Paradoxical Role Of Caveolin-1 In Placental Angiogenesis In Vitro. Molecular Endocrinology.
- Wu-xiang Liao, etc (2010). Deciphering Mechanisms Controlling Placental Artery Endothelial Cell Migration Stimulated by Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor. Endocrinology.
- Prakhar Verma (2010). Caveolin-1 Induces Formation of Membrane Tubules That Sense Actomyosin Tension and Are Inhibited by Polymerase I and Transcript Release Factor/Cavin-1. MBoC.
- Sun S, etc (2017). Curcumin enhances vascular contractility via induction of myocardin in mouse smooth muscle cells. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica.
- P Singh,etc (2010). Leptin upregulates caveolin-1 expression: Implications for development of atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis.
- Rong Qi, etc (2010). The Mechanism of Polyplexes Internalization into Cells: Testing the GM1/Caveolin-1-Mediated Lipid Raft Mediated Endocytosis Pathway. Mol Pharm.
- P Sharma, etc (2018). Intermittent hypoxia regulates vasoactive molecules and alters insulin-signaling in vascular endothelial cells. P Sharma, etc.
- Wang XM, etc (2011). Caveolin 1 inhibits HIV replication by transcriptional repression mediated through NF-¿B. J Virol.