Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- >60% knockdown of mRNA in cultured cells
- Viral Backbone
- Recombinant AAV
- AAV Serotype
- Available in AAV1, AAV2, AAV3, AAV5, AAV6, AAV8, AAV9, AAV-DJ, AAV-DJ8, AAV-DJ9 and other wildtype/synthetic AAV capsids
- eGFP (default), optional CFP, YFP, RFP, mCherry
- Storage Buffer
- PBS/5% Glycerol
- Gene Symbol
- Gene Name
- brain-derived neurotrophic factor
- Gene ID
- ORF Size
- 750 bp
- Gene Description
- During development, promotes the survival and differentiation of selected neuronal populations of the peripheral and central nervous systems. Participates in axonal growth, pathfinding and in the modulation of dendritic growth and morphology. Major regulator of synaptic transmission and plasticity at adult synapses in many regions of the CNS. The versatility of BDNF is emphasized by its contribution to a range of adaptive neuronal responses including long-term potentiation (LTP), long-term depression (LTD), certain forms of short-term synaptic plasticity, as well as homeostatic regulation of intrinsic neuronal excitability.
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Katrina Y. Choe, etc (2015). High Salt Intake Increases Blood Pressure via BDNF-Mediated Downregulation of KCC2 and Impaired Baroreflex Inhibition of Vasopressin Neurons. Neuron.
- Balapattabi K, etc (2018). High salt loading increases brain derived neurotrophic factor in supraoptic vasopressin neurones. Kirthikaa Balapattabi.