GFP expressing RGD fiber modified Adenovirus
Cat. No: 1768
Ad infection is initiated by recognition of the native Ad5 receptor, coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor (CAR), on target cells by the carboxy-terminal portion (i.e., knob) of the fiber protein. Therefore the infection efficiency of adenovirus is very low for cells with low or no CAR receptors. Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD) motif was introduced in the surface-exposed loops of adenovirus fiber knob, this enables the adenovirus to bypass CAR and mediate cell entry via RGD binding integrins. So the RDG modified adenovirus can be used for "retargeting" cells that regular adenovirus doesn't work well. The infection effeciency of RDG modified adenovirus can be tens or hundreds of times higher than standard Ad5 in some cells, including human or mouse macrophages, T cells, synoviocytes, islet grafts, adipocytes, MEF, etc.
This is a RGD modified replication-deficient adenovirus expressing eGFP under a CMV promoter.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3) with RGD-fiber modification
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- 1x10^10 PFU/ml
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- JW Rawlinson,ect (2013). Adenoviral-delivered HE4-HSV-tk sensitizes ovarian cancer cells to ganciclovir. Gene Therapy and Molecular Biology.
- Alexander Jais, etc (2014). Heme Oxygenase-1 Drives Metaflammation and Insulin Resistance in Mouse and Man. Cell.
- Y Tang, etc (2018). Generation of Smurf2 Conditional Knockout Mice. International Journal of Biological Sciences.
- RK Arya, etc (2020). Mechanotransduction via a TRPV4-Rac1 signaling axis plays a role in multinucleated giant cell formation. JBC.