human MYOCD Adenovirus
Category: Adenovirus > Over-Expression
Cat. No: ADV-216227
This is an Adenovirus expressing Human MYOCD.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- none, optional GFP, CFP, YFP, RFP or mCherry
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- Gene Symbol
- Gene Name
- Gene ID
- Gene Synonyms
- ORF Size
- 2961 bp
- Gene Description
- MYOCD encodes a nuclear protein, which is expressed in heart, aorta, and in smooth muscle cell-containing tissues. It functions as a transcriptional co-activator of serum response factor (SRF) and modulates expression of cardiac and smooth muscle-specific SRF-target genes, and thus may play a crucial role in cardiogenesis and differentiation of the smooth muscle cell lineage. Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- UniGene ID
- HGNC ID
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Alajbegovic A, etc (2016). Regulation of microRNA expression in vascular smooth muscle by MRTF-A and actin polymerization. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research.
- Zhu B, etc (2017). Similar regulatory mechanisms of caveolins and cavins by myocardin family coactivators in arterial and bladder smooth muscle. PLoS ONE.
- B Zhu, etc (2018). Nexilin/NEXN controls actin polymerization in smooth muscle and is regulated by myocardin family coactivators and YAP. Scientific Reports.
- B Zhu, etc (2020). Antagonistic relationship between the unfolded protein response and myocardin-driven transcription in smooth muscle. Journal of Cellular Physiology.
293 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: +1 484-325-5100
Toll-free (US Only): 877-BIO-LABS
Fax: +1 215-525-1112