Akt1/PKB is activated in response to many extracellular signals and play key roles in regulating diverse cellular processes, including cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis, angiogenesis and glycogen synthesis etc. Akt1 is activated by the phosphorylation of the T loop of their kinase domain by PDK1 and by phosphorylation of a residue located C-terminal to the kinase domain in the hydrophobic motif.
The Akt family of kinases includes Akt1, Akt2 and Akt3.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- 1x10^10 PFU/ml
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Siong-Seng L., etc. (2006). HMGA1 Is A Determinant Of Cellular Invasiveness And In Vivo Metastatic Potential In Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma. Cancer Research.
- Yacoub, A., etc. (2007). Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (Hcg) Modulates Prostate Cancer Cell Survival After Irradiation Or Hmg Coa Reductase Inhibitor Treatment. Molecular Pharmacology Fast Forward.
- Barlow, AD, etc (2012). Rapamycin toxicity in MIN6 cells and rat and human islets is mediated by the inhibition of mTOR complex 2 (mTORC2). Diabetologia.
- Yacoub, A. etc (2008). Caspase-, cathepsin-, and PERK-dependent regulation of MDA-7/IL-24-induced cell killing in primary human glioma cells. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics.
- Yi-Ting Yeh, etc (2012). Convergence of physical and chemical signaling in the modulation of vascular smooth muscle cell cycle and proliferation by fibrillar collagen-regulated P66Shc. Biomaterials.
- Nina Fenouille, etc (2012). The Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition (EMT) Regulatory Factor SLUG (SNAI2) Is a Downstream Target of SPARC and AKT in Promoting Melanoma Cell Invasion. PLoS ONE.
- Mitchell, C., etc. (2007). Low-Dose Bbr3610 Toxicity In Colon Cancer Cells Is P53-Independent And Enhanced By Inhibition Of Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (Erbb1)-Phosphatidyl Inositol 3 Kinase Signaling. Mol Pharmacol.
- Park, M., etc. (2008). Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase Kinase 1/2 Inhibitors And 17-Allylamino-17-Demethoxygeldanamycin Synergize To Kill Human Gastrointestinal Tumor Cells In Vitro Via Suppression Of C-Flip-S Levels And Activation Of Cd95. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics.
- Ambacher KK, etc (2012). The JNK- and AKT/GSK3ß- Signaling Pathways Converge to Regulate Puma Induction and Neuronal Apoptosis Induced by Trophic Factor Deprivation. PLoS ONE.
- Quint, P. etc (2013). Sphingosine 1 Phosphate (S1P) Receptors 1 and 2 Coordinately Induce Osteoblast Migration Through S1P Activation of Complementary Kinase Pathways. J Biol Chem.
- Richard Seonghun Nho, etc (2013). FoxO3a (Forkhead Box O3a) Deficiency Protects Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (IPF) Fibroblasts from Type I Polymerized Collagen Matrix-Induced Apoptosis via Caveolin-1 (cav-1) and Fas. PLoS ONE.
- Hossein A. Hamed, ect (2013). Sorafenib and HDAC inhibitors synergize with TRAIL to kill tumor cells. Journal of Cellular Physiology.
- Yacoub, A. (2006). Osu-03012 Promotes Caspase-Independent But Perk-, Cathepsin B-, Bid-, And Aif-Dependent Killing Of Transformed Cells. Pharmacol.
- Guan, L., etc. (2007). Pkc-Mediated Down-Regulation Of Cyclin D1 Involves Activation Of The Translational Repressor 4e-Bp1 Via A Pi3k/Akt-Independent, Pp2a-Dependent Mechanism In Intestinal Epithelial Cells. The Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- Guan, L. (2007). Protein Kinase C-Mediated Down-Regulated Of Cycling D1 Involves Activation Of The Translation Repressor 4e-Bp1via A Phosphoinositide 3-Kinase/Akt-Independent,Protein Phosphotase 2a-Dependent Mechanism In Intestinal Epithelial Cells. J Biol Chem.
- Caro, A., etc. (2006). Role Of Phosphatidylinositol 3-Kinase/Akt As A Survival Pathway Against Cyp2e1-Dependent Toxicity. Journal of Pharmacology And Experimental Therapeutics Fast Forward.
- Wei YH, etc (2013). Nrf2 acts cell-autonomously in endothelium to regulate tip cell formation and vascular branching. PNAS.
- Park MA, etc (2008). Vorinostat And Sorafenib Increase Er Stress, Autophagy And Apoptosis Via Ceramide-Dependent Cd95 And Perk Activation. Cancer Biol Ther.
- Farrand L. etc (2013). The diarylheptanoid hirsutenone sensitizes chemoresistant ovarian cancer cells to cisplatin via modulation of Apoptosis Inducing Factor and X-linked Inhibitor of Apoptosis. The Journal of Biological Chemistry.
- C Blackstock, etc (2014). Insulin-Like Growth Factor-1 Increases Synthesis of Collagen Type I via Induction of the mRNA-Binding Protein LARP6 Expression and Binding to the 5′ Stem-loop of Col1a1 and Col1a2 mRNA. JBC.
- Shan Wang, etc (2015). Regulation of Endothelial Cell Proliferation and Vascular Assembly through Distinct mTORC2 Signaling Pathways. Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Jane, EP. etc (2009). Abrogation Of Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase And Akt Signaling By Vandetanib Synergistically Potentiates Histone Deacetylase Inhibitor-Induced Apoptosis In Human Glioma Cells. J. Pharmacology.
- Anita K Sharma, etc (2014). Phosphorylation of AktSer473/Ask1Ser83 in Trolox-induced suppression of doxorubicin-induced changes in rat cardiomyocytes. Curr Res Cardiology.
- Mitchell, C. etc (2007). Extrinsic Pathway- And Cathepsin-Dependent Induction Of Mitochondrial Dysfunction Are Essential For Synergistic Flavopiridol And Vorinostat Lethality In Breast Cancer Cells. Molecular Cancer Therapeutics.
- Alejandro P. Comellas (2010). Insulin regulates alveolar epithelial function by inducing Na+/K+-ATPase translocation to the plasma membrane in a process mediated by the action of Akt. Journal of Cell Science.
- Balachandar Venkatesan (2010). WNT1-Inducible Signaling Pathway Protein-1 Activates Diverse Cell Survival Pathways and Blocks Doxorubicin-induced Cardiomyocyte Death. Cellular Signalling.
- S. Zhang (2010). Inhibition of cell proliferation by CD44: Akt is inactivated and EGR-1 is down-regulated. Cell Proliferation.
- Wang Y, etc (2011). The tumor suppressor protein menin inhibits AKT activation by regulating its cellular localization. Cancer Research.
- X Wang, etc (2018). Glucose-regulated protein 78 is essential for cardiac myocyte survival. Cell Death & Differentiation.
- Mayeenuddin LH, etc (2010). nsulin-like growth factor 1 receptor antibody induces rhabdomyosarcoma cell death via a process involving AKT and Bcl-xL. Oncogene.
- Antoniv TT, Ivashkiv LB (2011). Interleukin-10-induced gene expression and suppressive function are selectively modulated by the PI3K-Akt-GSK3 pathway. Immunology.
- Kenerson, H. etc (2011). Tuberous Sclerosis Complex-1 Deficiency Attenuates Diet-Induced Hepatic Lipid Accumulation. PLoS ONE.