Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- none, optional GFP, CFP, YFP, RFP or mCherry
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- Gene Symbol
- Gene Name
- megakaryoblastic leukemia (translocation) 1
- Gene ID
- Gene Synonyms
- BSAC; MAL; MRTF-A
- ORF Size
- 2796 bp
- Gene Description
- MKL1 interacts with the transcription factor myocardin, a key regulator of smooth muscle cell differentiation. The encoded protein is predominantly nuclear and may help transduce signals from the cytoskeleton to the nucleus. This gene is involved in a specific translocation event that creates a fusion of this gene and the RNA-binding motif protein-15 gene. This translocation has been associated with acute megakaryocytic leukemia.
- UniGene ID
- HGNC ID
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Alajbegovic A, etc (2016). Regulation of microRNA expression in vascular smooth muscle by MRTF-A and actin polymerization. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta (BBA) - Molecular Cell Research.
- Hansson B, etc (2017). Rosiglitazone drives cavin-2/SDPR expression in adipocytes in a CEBPa-dependent manner. PLoS ONE.
- Zhu B, etc (2017). Similar regulatory mechanisms of caveolins and cavins by myocardin family coactivators in arterial and bladder smooth muscle. PLoS ONE.
- B Zhu, etc (2018). Nexilin/NEXN controls actin polymerization in smooth muscle and is regulated by myocardin family coactivators and YAP. Scientific Reports.
- B Zhu, etc (2020). Antagonistic relationship between the unfolded protein response and myocardin-driven transcription in smooth muscle. Journal of Cellular Physiology.
- B Hansson, etc (2020). A hypothesis for insulin resistance in primary human adipocytes involving MRTF-A and suppression of PPAR¿. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications.