AAV-Cre-GFP (AAV serotype 2) AAV
Cre recombinase is a Type I topoisomerase from P1 bacteriophage that catalyzes site-specific recombination of DNA between loxP sites. loxP is a 34 bp DNA sequence at which confers directionality. Cre recombinase is used as a tool to genetically modify genes, such as to delete a segment of DNA flanked by LoxP sites in cultured cells or experimental animals.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Recombinant AAV
- AAV Serotype
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- PBS/5% Glycerol
- 1x10^13 GC/ml
- Gene Symbol
- Cre Recombinase
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- N Rodríguez-Muela, etc (2012). Autophagy promotes survival of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve axotomy in mice. Cell Death & Differentiation.
- Smith, LN. etc (2014). Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein Regulates Synaptic and Behavioral Plasticity to Repeated Cocaine Administration. Neuron.
- Heather M Schmitt, etc (2014). Histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) plays an important role in retinal ganglion cell death after acute optic nerve injury. Molecular Neurodegeneration.
- Toda C, etc (2016). UCP2 Regulates Mitochondrial Fission and Ventromedial Nucleus Control of Glucose Responsiveness. Cell.
- AS Lee, etc (2016). The neuropsychiatric disease-associated gene cacna1c mediates survival of young hippocampal neurons. eNeuro.
- MacKenzie G, etc (2016). Compromised GABAergic inhibition contributes to tumor-associated epilepsy. Epilepsy Research.
- RW Nickells, etc (2017). AAV2-Mediated Transduction of the Mouse Retina After Optic Nerve Injury. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science.
- G Dvoriantchikova, etc (2018). Pannexin 1 sustains the electrophysiological responsiveness of retinal ganglion cells. Scientific Reports.
- B Winter, etc (2018). Genetic Modulation at the Neural Microelectrode Interface: Methods and Applications. Micromachines.
- LM Darnieder, etc (2019). Female-specific decreases in alcohol binge-like drinking resulting from GABAA receptor delta-subunit knockdown in the VTA. Scientific Reports.
- ZH Wang, etc (2019). Deficiency in BDNF/TrkB Neurotrophic Activity Stimulates d-Secretase by Upregulating C/EBPß in Alzheimer’s Disease. Cell Reports.
- O Seira, etc (2020). HDAC inhibition leads to age-dependent opposite regenerative effect upon PTEN deletion in rubrospinal axons after SCI. Neurobiology of Aging.
- G Bruschetta, etc (2020). MC4R Signaling in Dorsal Raphe Nucleus Controls Feeding, Anxiety, and Depression. Cell Reports.