AAV-Cre-GFP (AAV serotype 2) AAV
Category: AAV > Over-Expression > Cre Recombinases
Cat. No: 7016
This AAV serotype 2 virus (with both Capsid and ITR from AAV2) expresses Cre Recombinase (tagged with nuclear localization sequence) and eGFP marker. Each gene expression is driven by its own CMV promoter.
Cre recombinase is a Type I topoisomerase from P1 bacteriophage that catalyzes site-specific recombination of DNA between loxP sites. loxP is a 34 bp DNA sequence at which confers directionality. Cre recombinase is used as a tool to genetically modify genes, such as to delete a segment of DNA flanked by LoxP sites in cultured cells or experimental animals.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Recombinant AAV
- AAV Serotype
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- PBS/5% Glycerol
- 1x10^13 GC/ml
- Gene Symbol
- Cre Recombinase
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- N Rodríguez-Muela, etc (2012). Autophagy promotes survival of retinal ganglion cells after optic nerve axotomy in mice. Cell Death & Differentiation.
- Smith, LN. etc (2014). Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein Regulates Synaptic and Behavioral Plasticity to Repeated Cocaine Administration. Neuron.
- Heather M Schmitt, etc (2014). Histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) plays an important role in retinal ganglion cell death after acute optic nerve injury. Molecular Neurodegeneration.
- Toda C, etc (2016). UCP2 Regulates Mitochondrial Fission and Ventromedial Nucleus Control of Glucose Responsiveness. Cell.
- AS Lee, etc (2016). The neuropsychiatric disease-associated gene cacna1c mediates survival of young hippocampal neurons. eNeuro.
- MacKenzie G, etc (2016). Compromised GABAergic inhibition contributes to tumor-associated epilepsy. Epilepsy Research.
- RW Nickells, etc (2017). AAV2-Mediated Transduction of the Mouse Retina After Optic Nerve Injury. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science.
- G Dvoriantchikova, etc (2018). Pannexin 1 sustains the electrophysiological responsiveness of retinal ganglion cells. Scientific Reports.
- B Winter, etc (2018). Genetic Modulation at the Neural Microelectrode Interface: Methods and Applications. Micromachines.
- LM Darnieder, etc (2019). Female-specific decreases in alcohol binge-like drinking resulting from GABAA receptor delta-subunit knockdown in the VTA. Scientific Reports.
- ZH Wang, etc (2019). Deficiency in BDNF/TrkB Neurotrophic Activity Stimulates d-Secretase by Upregulating C/EBPß in Alzheimer’s Disease. Cell Reports.
- O Seira, etc (2020). HDAC inhibition leads to age-dependent opposite regenerative effect upon PTEN deletion in rubrospinal axons after SCI. Neurobiology of Aging.
- G Bruschetta, etc (2020). MC4R Signaling in Dorsal Raphe Nucleus Controls Feeding, Anxiety, and Depression. Cell Reports.
293 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: +1 484-325-5100
Toll-free (US Only): 877-BIO-LABS
Fax: +1 215-525-1112