codon optimized Cre (iCre) and GFP Adenovirus
By applying the mammalian codon usage to Cre recombinase, expression of Cre is improved in the mammalian cells. This improved Cre (iCre) gene also reduce the high CpG content of the prokaryotic coding sequence, thereby reducing the chances of epigenetic silencing in mammals.
This adenovirus expresses both a codon improved Cre recombinase (iCre) and eGFP as marker. Cre and GFP are driven by the same CMV promoter and separated by 2A peptides.
Check out this instruction video on using our adenovirus Cre to knockout LoxP flanked gene in primary mouse embryonic fibroblasts (MEF).
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- 1x10^10 PFU/ml
- Gene Symbol
- iCre (codon-optimized Cre)
- Gene Synonyms
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Han Seok Koh, etc (2015). The HIF-1/glial ¿TIM-3 axis controls inflammation-associated brain damage under hypoxia. Nature Communications.
- Xudong Liu, etc (2016). N-terminal Huntingtin Knock-In Mice: Implications of Removing the N-terminal Region of Huntingtin for Therapy. PLoS Genetics.
- VT Cheli, etc (2016). L-type voltage-operated calcium channels contribute to astrocyte activation In vitro. GLIA.
- D Haensel, etc (2018). An Ovol2-Zeb1 transcriptional circuit regulates epithelial directional migration and proliferation. EMBO reports.
- AW Orr, etc (2020). Selective role of Nck1 in atherogenic inflammation and plaque formation. JCI.
- SL Padula, etc (2020). Lens fiber cell differentiation occurs independently of fibroblast growth factor receptor signaling in the absence of Pten. Developmental Biology.