Category: Adenovirus > Over-Expression
Cat. No: 1168
The widely studied p53 tumor suppressor gene contains mutations in over 50% of human cancers. p53 protein expression is low in normal cells but increases in response to DNA damage and cellular distress signals. Overexpression of the p53 transcription factor can induce either cell cycle arrest or apoptosis through transcriptional regulation of several genes, including the cell cycle inhibitor p21, DNA repair gene GADD45 and the apoptotic inducer Bax. p53 also induces apoptosis by means of a direct signaling pathway involving the expression of p53AIP1. p53 directly binds to and acts on several cellular proteins involved in various pathways, including c-Abl, basal transcription factor TFIIH and WT1. p53 can be functionally inactivated by mutation, binding to DNA tumor virus encoded proteins, such as SV40 large T antigen, Adenovirus E1B and papilloma virus E6 proteins, or through its interaction with MDM2.
Reference: Polyak K., et al., Genes Dev. 1996 Aug 1;10(15):1945-52.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- 1x10^10 PFU/ml
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- Wise-Draper, TM, etc (2006). Apoptosis Inhibition by the Human DEK Oncoprotein Involves Interference with p53 Functions. Molecular and Cellular Biology.
- Jee-Eun Kim, etc (2013). Bortezomib enhances antigen-specific cytotoxic T cell responses against immune-resistant cancer cells generated by STAT3-ablated dendritic cells. Pharmacological Research.
- M Happy, etc (2015). Sigma 1 Receptor antagonist potentiates the anti-cancer effect of p53 by regulating ER stress, ROS production, Bax levels, and caspase-3 activation. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications.
- Yang Xu, etc (2015). A metabolic stress-inducible miR-34a-HNF4a pathway regulates lipid and lipoprotein metabolism. Nature Communications.
- Xi S, etc (2017). IRES-Mediated Protein Translation Overcomes Suppression by the p14ARF Tumor Suppressor Protein. Journal of Cancer.
- Cha SH, etc (2010). Slug suppression induces apoptosis via Puma transactivation in rheumatoid arthritis fibroblast-like synoviocytes treated with hydrogen peroxide. Exp Mol Med.
293 Great Valley Parkway
Malvern, PA 19355
Phone: +1 484-325-5100
Toll-free (US Only): 877-BIO-LABS
Fax: +1 215-525-1112