Phosphatase and tensin homolog Adenovirus
Cat. No: 1547
This gene was identified as a tumor suppressor that is mutated in a large number of cancers at high frequency. The protein encoded this gene is a phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate 3-phosphatase. It contains a tension like domain as well as a catalytic domain similar to that of the dual specificity protein tyrosine phosphatases. Unlike most of the protein tyrosine phosphatases, this protein preferentially dephosphorylates phosphoinositide substrates. It negatively regulates intracellular levels of phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-trisphosphate in cells and functions as a tumor suppressor by negatively regulating AKT/PKB signaling pathway.
Request a Quote
Please enter your email address and we'll be in touch with more information:
- Viral Backbone
- Human Adenovirus Type5 (dE1/E3)
- CMV (ubiquitous)
- Storage Buffer
- DMEM, 2% BSA, 2.5% Glycerol
- 1x10^10 PFU/ml
- Gene Symbol
- Gene ID
- Gene Synonyms
- BZS, MHAM, TEP1, MMAC1, PTEN1
This product is referenced in the following publications:
- M I Vitolo, etc (2012). Loss of PTEN induces microtentacles through PI3K-independent activation of cofilin. Oncogene.
- Beckham, TH. etc (2013). Acid ceramidase induces sphingosine kinase 1/S1P receptor 2-mediated activation of oncogenic Akt signaling. Oncogenesis.
- ayarama S. etc (2013). MADD is a downstream target of PTEN in triggering apoptosis. Journal of Cellular Biochemistry.
- Kang J, etc (2008). N-Myc Is A Novel Regulator Of Pi3k-Mediated Vegf Expression In Neuroblastoma. Oncogene.
- J Lin, etc (2015). Loss of PTEN promotes podocyte cytoskeletal rearrangement, aggravating diabetic nephropathy. The Journal of Pathology.
- Rychahou, PG. etc (2008). Akt2 Overexpression Plays A Critical Role In The Establishment Of Colorectal Cancer Metastasis. PNAS.
- Y Shi, etc (2019). Downregulation of PTEN promotes podocyte endocytosis of lipids aggravating obesity-related glomerulopathy. American Journal of Physiology-Renal Physiology.
- Zu L, etc (2011). Ischemic preconditioning attenuates mitochondrial localization of PTEN induced by ischemia-reperfusion. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol.