FAQs on Custom AAV Services
1. What does a customer need to provide?
The customer needs to provide plasmid DNA for the specified gene, vector map and its sequence information.
For gene silencing service, we need the exact RNAi sequence to be constructed into recombinant AAV vector if no plasmid available.
2. How long does the entire process take?
The entire process takes approximately 4-5 weeks. If the customer could help on the 1st subcloning and Qigaen Mega prep for the cis AAV plasmid, the entire process will take about ~3-4 weeks.
3. Is there a size limit for a gene to be delivered by AAV?
Yes, since the AAV has a packaging capacity of ~4.5Kb.
4. What options a customer has for expression of cDNA or siRNA?
A customer can choose from over 15 vector options for the expression of cDNA and siRNA. Please contact us to find out more about these expression options to see which one best fits your research need.
5. What’s the expected yield, and what’s the storage solution?
Normally it is within 1x10E(12) – 1x10E(13) GC/ml, with about 2ml in total volume. However, for some genes that are either toxic to cells or detrimental for AAV efficiency, the yield could be lower. The storage solution for virus is PBS with 5% Glycerol,which is suitable for in vivo injection.